Health Advice


Pharmacist's are experts in medicines who can help you with minor health concerns, offering clinical advice and over-the-counter medication. If symptoms suggest it's something more serious, pharmacists have the right training to make sure you get the help you need.

111 is available when you are unsure of what to do and who to see with your symptoms, or if your GP surgery is closed and you need to speak to a clinican.

Doctors Surgeries are NOT part of the emergency services. Contact your GP regarding health advice and treatments that are not suitable for a Pharmacist, A&E, Dentist or Optician.

A&E/999 is for Accidents and Emergencies, this is when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk. Do NOT attend A&E or call 999 just because you cannot get an appointment with a GP for something that can be treated in Primary Care.

Dentist's are available if you have any oral concerns with your teeth or gums.

PEARS (Primary Eye Acute Referral Scheme) participating optometrists can see patients of all ages free of charge for an assessment of recent onset eye problems not relating to spectacle prescriptions. If onward referral into the hospital ophthalmology departments is required, this can be done directly without the need to see your GP.